Req ID: 16331
Job Category: Marketing
Location: Barcelona, Cataluña
Posting Date: September 10, 2019
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion’s internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier’s check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Director Marketing Complement
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts’ Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
The Marketing Director is responsible for the development of key strategies and tactics in alignment with Global/ International strategy and tactics to achieve local business objectives and effectively leads and coaches his/her marketing team. In partnership with Sales, Medical, Regulatory Affairs and Market Access and other cross-functional partners the Marketing Director develops and implements plans and marketing initiatives to drive disease awareness, diagnostic and brand initiatives to improve demand generation and appropriate utilization of Alexion products. In collaboration with Commercial Operations Lead the Marketing Director leads the analysis of current business and drives interpretation of information to design, monitor and adjust marketing tactics and campaigns. He/She ensures seamless and efficient handover of marketing initiatives to the executing Sales team. The Marketing Director furthermore supports the Medical department in driving engagement with key stakeholders including Key Opinion Leaders, other external stakeholders and agencies.
- Develop and lead implementation of country strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Present local Marketing needs in meetings with International and Global.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team of marketing professionals, where appropriate and act as a professional role model for staff in Marketing and beyond.
- In close collaboration with the Medical department, the Sales department and Market Access
- Develop and leads the design of all educational and promotional programs for healthcare professionals.
- Lead an efficient project management for the product team by planning, sequencing and implementing Marketing and Medical initiatives.
- Responsible for the local marketing budget ensuring clear prioritization of programs according to business needs.
- Drive pull through of International and Global marketing initiatives according to local market needs and local regulations. Closely collaborate with International and Global Marketing in developing, implementing and interpreting market research activities.
- Foresee and drive innovative and disruptive Marketing approaches expanding reach to key customers and broadening awareness and diagnosis of rare disease indications.
- Works in close collaboration with the Medical department in developing and managing local KOLs and coordinate local KOL involvement with International and Global teams in international programs
- Identify and communicate local market insights about opportunities and challenges back to International and Global Marketing to inform International /Global strategy building.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical industry and thereof 6 years in Marketing, rare disease experience preferred
- Experience as a Sales Representative required
- Strong scientific background required – preferably degree in natural sciences, pharmacy or medicine
- Experience in successfully launching ethical products (preferred biotechnology products) required
- Highly customer focused: from large accounts to physicians, patients, and payers
- Expert knowledge of local access issues & regulatory requirements in promotion
- (promotional tools limitations / DMOS)
- Learning agility, strong project management skills and track record in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience as a leader of Marketing staff and people development skills preferred
- Strong skills in MS office suite as well as deep experience in leveraging analysis and reporting tools and CRM systems
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA) preferred.