This position will be based in Boston, MA, and may require up to 25% travel.
For a fast-learning go-getter, this is a chance to be part of a fun and exciting team at a leading rare disease biotechnology company. The Senior Specialist, Marketing Operations, US Neurology gMG will support the US gMG team to drive daily gMG marketing initiatives, including but not limited to budget tracking, vendor management, sales force communication, speaker bureau and event / congress planning.
- Partner closely with finance to oversee budget and accrual tracking for department
- Collaborate with the procurement and legal departments to process and submit contractual documents while working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate completion of agreements
- Oversee sales force resource guide and track utilization of sales force resources in inventory
- Plan and coordinate sales force communications for roll out of marketing materials and initiatives
- Manage regional exhibitions events and national congress logistics
- Plan, prioritize, and monitor materials undergoing the internal Alexion approval process for commercial materials
- Drive speaker bureau operations in partnership with the HCP engagement team
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects across functional areas, and work independently when appropriate, in teams and as a sub-team lead
- Must have 1-3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in managing external agencies and/or vendors on a day-to-day basis and budget management
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong knowledge of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Fluent in English (written and spoken language)
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. As a leader in rare diseases for more than 25 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes two approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), as well as the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D) as well as the first and only approved Factor Xa inhibitor reversal agent. In addition, the company is developing several mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease, an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases and an oral Factor D inhibitor as well as several early-stage therapies, including one for light chain (AL) amyloidosis, a second oral Factor D inhibitor and a third complement inhibitor. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, metabolic disorders and cardiology. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.