Director, Metabolics Market Access Lead, International
Reports to: Head of Value & Access, International, Commercial
Location: Zurich, Switzerland.
The Director (DIR) is responsible for the development and execution of successful P&R policies and strategies for Alexion’s current and future products for Metabolics TA in International. Specifically, the DIR will lead efforts in assessing and communicating to internal and external stakeholders the market access requirements of Int’l region for Metabolics portfolio, contributing to and shaping the overall value strategy for Metabolics indications throughout the lifecycle. The position will support Alexion’s country teams in the preparation and delivery of P&R negotiations and will be responsible for helping translate relevant developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice. The position will be in Zurich, Switzerland. The DIR will lead the preparation of key materials for the P&RC (comprised of EC members) in close partnership with stakeholders worldwide.
Job Function & Responsibilities
As a key member of the International Value & Access team, the DIR is required to have a variety of skills including the ability to:
- Lead the development of optimal P&R strategies for Alexion’s Metabolics portfolio in International markets in collaboration with global and International Metabolics Market Access Leads and International Metabolics TA Head and Brand Lead
- Partner with global and international Metabolics Market Access Leads to provide clear guidance and strategic directions to Country & Cluster Market Access Directors regarding Metabolics portfolio
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information, including coverage and reimbursement policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics
- Oversee creation of robust Metabolics P&R dossiers for Int’l countries working in close partnership with International MA lead, Country & Cluster Market Access Directors
- Champion the Metabolics P&R requirements for International Markets and ensure alignment between all stakeholders internally as to prioritized needs
- Lead initiatives to strengthen capability elevations across the Country & Cluster Market Access Directors
- Provide leadership and manage multiple strategic projects while maintaining an understanding of national, regional and global perspectives and objectives
- Provide strategic input to strategy discussions and communication efforts with relevant external stakeholders including key government agencies and organizations
- Communicate and partner directly with international cross-functional teams
- Support due diligence efforts by leveraging P&R expertise to inform commercial assessments of potential acquisition targets from an International perspective (working with Int’l commercial assessment lead and Metabolics TA lead)
- Actively partner with VISion and IMPACT+ Metabolics TA lead and Brand lead to provide International perspectives and collaborate in the generation of compelling value communications
- Partner with HEOR to provide International requirements and consider localization and adaptation plans in concert with Country teams
- I Coordinate and oversee projects with external consultants as needed
- Communicate frequently and effectively partner with stakeholders/team members throughout the organization
- Produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A BA or BSc is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment in commercial functions, experience of managing complex projects
- Previous coordination experience in global and local roles and throughout matrix desired
- 7+ years of professional experience in Global or Regional Market Access, Sales or Marketing in pharmaceutical industry or consulting to the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous management experience required
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- At least 7-10 years of Market Access experience
- Leadership experience both directly and in the matrix
- Market access experience in international, multi-lingual, and cross-cultural pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Candidates also should have an open mind about new ways to approach P&R issues, particularly for a company like Alexion with a focus on rare diseases
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing an international workload
- Strong team player, sociable, autonomous, dynamic, results focus and responsive
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience, with ability to handle changing priorities in a timely manner
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to dynamic conditions and various cultures
- Sense of ethics responsibility and confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluency in English both written and oral mandatory – any other language would be an asset
- Experience and confidence interacting with clients/external consultants and being an external face of the Int’l Value & Access team and Alexion; and
- Organized, self-motivated, and energetic.