Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
The Associate Director Sales, Acute Care will effectively manage the team of Key Account Managers, Acute Care, and is accountable for driving local access and sales performance and flawless execution within the assigned area. Also, the incumbent will coach the team members according to their individual needs, will monitor sales effectiveness indicators as well as drive the implementation of marketing initiatives to achieve defined regional commercial goals.
The Associate Director Sales, Acute Care is furthermore responsible to maintain a high level of disease specific scientific knowledge and understanding in the relevant therapeutic field. The incumbent needs to be able to effectively coach and develop the team on scientific as much as sales-related skills and will need to engage in complex conversations with health care professionals about company´s indications and products respecting local regulations, company values and guidelines. The position is field-based.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure sales excellence in achieving or exceeding sales objectives in respective region in strong cross-functional collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Lead development and implementation of customer-focused and patient-centered tactics and activities within the territory in cross-functional partnership with internal stakeholders and teams, such as Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Patient Advocacy, to maximize sales opportunities and addresses challenges in the market as well as customer needs.
- Coach, lead, motivate and inspire the team of Key Account Managers, Acute Care, in accordance with company´s core values and leadership profile
- Leads Key Account Managers, Acute Care, in the development of strategic and tactical account plans in cross-functional partnerships and ensures successful and targeted execution in territories
- Ensures cooperative and collaborative communication and execution between Key Account Managers, Acute Care, and all other relevant functions
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with relevant customers and healthcare professionals as well as key thought leaders and other key client groups
- Provide input into forecasting and development of local commercial and access strategies as a core member in the Acute Care Brand Team
- Generate market insights through customer interactions and feedback into the cross-functional Brand Team to ensure strategic & tactical alignment
- Conduct annual performance reviews of territories and region to provide accurate and timely feedback regarding sales goal attainment and professional development.
- Ensure that all field force activities are in accordance with Alexion´s SOPs, compliance policy and data protection laws
- Act with highest standards of ethics and integrity as well as obey data protection law according Alexion’s policy and follow Alexion’s SOPs and compliance policies.
- Minimum of 10 plus years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry, with significant biotech and/or specialty sales experience; sales experience preferably in the complex acute care hospital market
- Bachelor degree in scientific field or equivalent degree according to §75 German Pharmaceuticals Act
- Proven track record of delivering results in complex hospital account environment
- Broad, cross-functional experience would be an advantage
- General knowledge and understanding of reimbursement and distribution processes
- Analytical skillset and ability to work effectively independently and in a team-oriented and cross-functional environment on a consistent basis
- Ability and experience in project management of virtual or F2f scientific events
- Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and product promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and strong experience in managing change
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in German and English as well as organizational capabilities
- Proven skills in managing teams
- Demonstrates strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge in complex disease state
- Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, resources and workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Microsoft Office experience essential (Outlook, Power point, Word, Excel), reporting tools and CRM based systems
- Proven ability to manage a large geographical territory
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Ability to travel which will include overnight and weekend travel
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.