Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
This is what you will do:
The Key Account Manager, Koselugo will develop commercial relationships and value-adding activities in collaboration with key decision makers to maximize access to products within key accounts/hospitals identified in the region. The position requires a strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to work collaboratively within a complex hospital account environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish and maintain valuable business relationships with key NF1 PN decision makers in priority accounts e.g. Pediatric Neurologists and Pediatric Oncologists.
- Develop insights-based account plan plans for all top accounts/treatment centres. Account plans include key decision maker prioritization and in-depth situational analysis i.e. SWOT, barriers and drivers, patient journey.
- Set clear strategic objectives (i.e. listing in hospitals/SOP inclusion, treatment experience) and develop account win-win value propositions (e.g. commercial events) based on regional situational analysis and customer insights
- Lead development and implementation of customer-focused and patient-centered tactics and activities within the territory in cross-functional partnership with internal stakeholders and teams, such as Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Patient Advocacy, to address challenges in the market in order to help more patients. Examples include but are not limited to running promotional/educational meetings, supporting local symposia and hospital meetings, providing promotional literature and connecting external experts.
- Self-dependent planning, organization and execution of multiple digital activities for optimal customer experience and engagement eg eMail, virtual promotional meetings and customer engagement, innovation tools that increase the number of touch points with our customers
- Collaborate with Alexion Market Access experts to support local hospital funding processes
- Selling Alexion products within legal boundaries according to Alexion’s marketing and sales strategy
- Be a living example of great cross-functional collaboration and teamwork i.e. Marketing, MSL, Market Access
- Timely and complete reporting and presentation of account plans including KPIs to senior positions and accurate maintenance of the CRM database
- Collect and report pharmacovigilance information according to internal SOPs
- Represent their territories in regular territory reviews and account plan discussions
- Represent the respective country at national and international events and congresses
- Obey data protection law according Alexions policy and follow Alexions SOPs and compliance policies
You will need to have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a scientific or related field. Or qualified nurse or other degree-level ancillary medical staff (e.g. Physiotherapy or Clinical Research Scientist) and/or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of sales experience preferably in niche/orphan drug area.
- Track record of achievement managing sales territory in a highly specialized area of medicine
- Must have established industry network and relationships within territory
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Influential presentation style with demonstrated ability to uncover and address customer needs and effectively manage customer concerns and questions
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency, well-organized, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with a diverse customer base
- Strong business, analytical and clinical acumen
- Must have all relevant professional licenses and credentials required for job
- Must have ability to travel as required
We would prefer for you to have:
Should have ability to attend, understand and participate in International meetings conducted in English
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development, and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. All US-based employees must comply with Alexion’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion offers a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.