Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Product Manager Metabolic Disorders
This is what you will do:
- Develop and implement marketing projects and initiatives based on the marketing strategy
- Working closely with the Associate Director Marketing Metabolic Disorders, the Sales Team and other functions.
- Supporting the planning of launch pre-launch, launch and marketing activities and lead the execution of the tactics respective.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, disease landscape, pot. competition and all relevant customer target groups
- Support the development of strategic- and tactical plans in alignment with the global and EU strategy
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives and material for personal and non-personal communication in close collaboration with the Associate Director Marketing and Sales Managers
- Lead the indication-specific congress planning and execution
- In close collaboration with Medical Affairs, Sales and Market Access – enhance and drive an innovative multi-channel approach that supports key strategies and business opportunities.
- Develop and design promotional programs for events and activities. Ensure that all internal and legal requirements are met when generating documents and educational programs.
- Act as an efficient project manager in leading the product team and in planning and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the allocated marketing budgets and timelines.
- Lead briefing of external Marketing agencies to deliver high quality material and activities.
- Drive market research projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Medical, Regulatory Affairs and Finance as required to deliver marketing projects within budget and timelines.
- Develop strong KOL relationships.
- Actively participate and foster an environment of cross-functional collaboration and practice sharing across all indications.
You will need to have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in natural or medical science or marketing preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of marketing or brand management experience preferably in niche/orphan drug area.
- Entrepreneurial mindset is mandatory
- Strong business, analytical and clinical acumen
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Ability to uncover and address customer needs
- Self-motivation with a sense of urgency, self-organisation, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent team player
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience as pharmaceutical representative
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development, and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. All US-based employees must comply with Alexion’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion offers a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.