Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Working Student, Market Access
This is what you will do:
The Market Access Working Student will support the Sr. Market Access Manager on a variety of projects and administrative tasks. They will have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and contribute to strategic projects. A strong analytical mindset and structured approach in organizing tasks are required.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing full operational and some administrative support to the Sr. Market Access Manager on a variety of projects
- Supporting ongoing and future strategic projects
- Supporting market research to gather insights on key business challenges from our relevant external stakeholders
- Driving assigned specific projects as needed and taking ownership for timely delivery of assigned projects
- Preparing presentations after instruction
- Providing analytical and operational support to improve internal processes and efficient allocation of resources
- Together with the Sr. Market Access Manager develop new materials and relevant trainings that assists the field-based teams
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant SOPs
You will need to have:
- Master's student enrolled in an accredited college or university – preferably major in heath economics, international management, healthcare management, or similar discipline
- Your strengths include excellent analytical skills, a strategic thinking focus as well as a high performance will
- You have outstanding communication skills
- Moreover, as a great team player you show a positive and proactive work attitude within a team environment
- High level of proficiency in MS Office software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Very good written and verbal skills (German and English)
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development, and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. All US-based employees must comply with Alexion’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion offers a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.