Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Product Manager Neurofibromatosis
This is what you will do:
- The Product Manager Neurofibromatosis is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing projects and initiatives based on the Marketing strategy, working closely with the Commercial Lead Neurofibromatosis, the Sales Team and other functions
You will be responsible for:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and disease landscape
- Support development of the strategy and develop tactical plans in alignment with Global and EU strategy
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives and material for personnel and non-personnel communication in close collaboration with the Commercial Lead and Sales Managers
- Lead the indication-specific congress planning and execution
- In close collaboration with Medical Affairs, Sales, Market Access and the Diagnostic Specialist enhance and drive an innovative multi-channel approach that supports key strategies and business opportunities. Develop and design promotional programs for events and activities. Ensure that all internal and legal requirements are met when generating documents and educational programs.
- Act as an efficient Project Manager in leading the product team and in planning and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the allocated marketing budgets and timelines
- Lead briefing of external Marketing agencies to deliver high quality material and activities
- Drive market research projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Medical, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs and Finance as required to deliver marketing projects within budget and timelines. Develop strong KOL relationships.
- Actively participate and foster an environment of cross-functional collaboration and practice sharing across all indications.
You will need to have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in product management in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry or comparable business
- Desired experience in any of the following fields: Orphan drug business, specialty care or Neurofibromatosis
- Experienced in managing marketing agencies
- Experience in digital / multi-channel marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to structure and prioritize workload, demonstrate project management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of result driven effectiveness as a cross-functional team player
- Ability to motivate team members with a positive and constructive approach to business challenges
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office program suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- German (native preferred) and English (fluent)
- Degree in life sciences or economics
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience as a pharmaceutical sales representative
- MBA Qualifications desired
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.