Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Associate Director Market Access
This is what you will do:
The Associate Director Market Access will work closely with the Market Access Lead to define national access strategies and associated tactics for a therapeutic area. They will support the execution of P&R strategies and development of AMNOG dossiers, drive early engagement with payers and other relevant stakeholders. They will develop and leverage tools, materials, and messages to unblock funding issues for single patients or patient groups in Germany, in coordination with the Regional Market Access Team and in alignment with Alexion’s Market Access strategy. They will provide timely input into the international and global teams on all aspects that are related to the successful market preparation, strategy development and implementation of tactics that drive access for our therapies. They will drive projects and partner with relevant external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Support the development of national access strategies and drive implementation of the local access plan and tactics for selected Alexion products and indications in close cooperation with the Market Access Lead and other functions (including Sales, Marketing, Medical, and Patient Advocacy).
- Support early engagement with payers, the development of AMNOG dossiers and coordinate activities throughout the AMNOG process, including support for the price negotiations.
- Support the development and implementation of global pricing strategies accurately reflecting the local environment.
- Provide input into the development of P&R assumptions and generate insights to support the development and commercial success of Alexion’s assets.
- Work closely with the Market Access Lead to localize payer value propositions.
- Develops or adapt tools to support the Regional Market Access team and the other commercial teams.
- Analyze and utilize data to drive access.
- Create and set up innovative and impactful projects that support the needs of our external stakeholders and create win-win partnerships. Help strengthen Alexion’s leadership position in rare diseases via outreach activities and projects.
- Identify, engage, build, and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders that are needed for the flawless execution of the market access strategies for relevant therapeutic areas.
- Organize and manage events with external stakeholders in collaboration with the regional team (e.g. payer ad boards).
- Plan, manage and monitor all defined projects, building business cases in cross-functional alignment with other departments.
- Together with the cross-functional brand teams, assess the need, develop new materials/messages, and provide relevant training that assists the field teams to unblock budget/funding issues in hospital and accounts.
- Monitor market access and health policy environment, ability to assess implications and to formulate recommendations to the business.
You will need to have:
- Masters or advanced degree in Health Economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, or other relevant field for Market Access
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry in similar positions (minimum of 4 years) with strong experience in launch/pre-launch of products in new therapeutic areas
- In-depth knowledge of the health care system in Germany
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with AMNOG dossier development
- Demonstrated ability to implement access strategies for commercialized and pre-launch products and market preparation
- Solid knowledge of the hospital/out-patient care funding system in Germany
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in German and English required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in the development of digital tools, (remote) customer engagement, app development is a plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues of various background and expertise
- Ability to function as a team member and as a leader of project teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and to deliver on time
- Flexibility and ability to work cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.