Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Associate Director Sales, Metabolics
This is what you will do:
The Associate Director Sales Metabolics will be in charge of effectively managing the team of Key Account Managers and drive key account management, sales performance and flawless execution within the assigned area. Also, the candidate will coach the team members according to their individual needs, will monitor sales effectiveness indicators as well as drive the implementation of marketing initiatives to achieve his/her commercial goals.
The Associate Director Sales Metabolics is furthermore responsible to maintain a high level of disease specific scientific knowledge and understanding in the relevant therapeutic field. The candidate needs to be able to effectively coach and develop their team on scientific as much as sales-related skills and will need to engage in complex discussions with health care professionals about our ultra-rare orphan indications and our products respecting local regulations, company values and guidelines.
You will be responsible for:
- Hire, develop and lead a high-performing Hypophosphatasia (HPP) sales team
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives in his/her region
- Coach, lead, motivate and inspire a team of 5 Key Account Managers (KAM): conduct regular field coaching days and KPI assessments with KAMs to ensure proper program implementation and message delivery
- Provide input in the development of local marketing strategies and tactics with the local Metabolics Brand Team
- Lead KAMs in the development of cross-functional, tactical account plans with marketing, promotional, and educational resources and ensure their execution
- Lead the implementation of a multi-channel account management approach in HPP in order to develop commercial relationships with key customer groups through different communication channels, incl. face-to-face, telephone, virtual and email
- Provide regular written and verbal feedback following customer visits that address and support both business development and career development needs of KAMs – use coaching forms to identify gaps and for follow-ups
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with physicians and Key Thought Leaders
- Ensure that a high level of expertise and excellence in customer service is delivered to all customers
- Ensure cooperative and collaborative communication and execution between KAM and all other relevant field based functions as well as cross-functional collaboration
- Develop and mentor high potential KAMs
- Conduct annual performance reviews of their territories and their region to provide accurate and timely feedback regarding sales goal attainment and professional development. Support KAMs in presenting back their territories in bi-annual territory reviews following a cross-functional approach
- Show high expertise in corrective counseling and performance improvement management
- Ensure that all KAM activities are in accordance with Alexions SOPs, compliance policy and data protection laws
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field, strong scientific background required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales in the pharmaceutical industry, Leadership experience preferred
- Track record of achievement managing sales territory in a highly specialized area of medicine
- Ability to motivate and lead a Salesteam
- Highly customer focused: from large accounts to physicians, patients, and payors
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written in German and English
- Influential presentation style with demonstrated ability to uncover and address customer needs and effectively manage customer concerns and questions
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency, well-organized, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Strong business, analytical and clinical acumen
- Must have all relevant professional licenses and credentials required for job
- Must have ability and willingness to travel as required
We would prefer for you to have:
- Should have ability to attend, understand and participate in International meetings conducted in English.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.