Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Project Manager Neurology
This is what you will do:
The Project Manager Neurology is responsible for project management in the medical affairs department neurology. He/ She collaborates closely with the Medical Director Neurology.
Responsibilities include the support of the medical plan development and execution, related milestone and budget controlling, KPI development, collection and reporting, and support of selected activities and major projects like local study initiatives or medical education events or advisory boards. He/ She ensures continuous improvement of operational aspects of Medical Affairs Neurology programs (including med/education events, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings), Medical Affairs contracts & agreements, Medical Information requests management, knowledge of relevant SOPs, training of international and local policies and local SOPs creation and update.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures that all the locally needed policies and SOPs are in place, adapted and updated according to the corresponding Global documents and local regulations
- Support medical plan and development in accordance to defined timelines
- Coordination of preparation of business reviews and related to do's
- Overall management of medical neurology AOP in Germany in close collaboration with medical director neurology to ensure project spending according to the plan
- Management of insight reports neurology
- Partners with Medical Operations Team for the preparation of audits and inspections, including proper follow up of actions and implementation of CAPAs
- Summaries, Medical Affairs KPIs, status & budget updates related to the medical tactics in neurology
- Tracks the submission and progress of ISRs, grants and requests submitted to GATM for compassionate use as well as proposed studies
- Supports the initiation and management of local RWE projects
- Supports entering input in the alexLaunch Tool (PROPEL) for upcoming launches and train colleagues using the tool and process
- Supports launch preparations and teams
You will need to have:
- Advanced degree in life sciences, business, PharmD, biology or similar
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Solution oriented and ability to work in a complex environment
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific, and technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organized and structured way of working
- Proactively reaching out to others
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience in life science/ pharmaceutical industry
- Basic knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations
- Knowledge in clinical development is a plus (clinical trials, registries, RWE)
- Ability to motivate and influence others
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.