Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Regional Account Manager Neurology
Schleswig-Holstein / Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
This is what you will do:
The Regional Account Manager Neurology will develop commercial relationships and value-adding activities in collaboration with key decision makers to maximize access to products within key accounts/hospitals identified in the region. The position requires a strong business acumen, and the ability to work collaboratively within a complex hospital account environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish and maintain contacts to hospital based Neurologists, office based Neurologists, Pharmacists, Nurses and other relevant hospital personnel to establish and maintain a valuable Business Relationship to customers for Alexion
- Create a positive image of Alexion Pharma Germany GmbH with relevant customer groups
- Develop insights-based account plan plans for all top accounts/treatment centres. Account plans include key decision maker prioritization and in-depth situational analysis i.e. SWOT, barriers and drivers, patient journey.
- Provide educational and commercial services to hospital and office based physicians and relevant pharmacies
- Selling Alexion products within legal boundaries according to Alexion’s marketing and sales strategy
- Self-dependent planning, organization and execution of multiple digital activities for optimal customer experience and engagement eg eMail, virtual meetings and customer engagement, innovation tools that increase the number of touch points with our customers
- Be a living example of great cross-functional collaboration and teamwork i.e. Marketing, MSL, Market Access
- Timely and complete reporting and presentation of account plans including KPIs to senior positions and accurate maintenance of the CRM database
- Collect and report pharmacovigilance information according to internal SOPs
- Represent Alexion Pharma Germany GmbH at national and international events and congresses
- Obey data protection law according Alexions policy and follow Alexions SOPs and compliance policies
You will need to have:
- Optimum 3 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience preferably in the orphan market area or
- alternatevely absolvents with a Master of Science in Biology, Chemistry or comparable and a strong selling and performance orientated mindset
- Ability to work effectively independently and in an team-oriented environment on a consistent basis
- Ability and experience in project management of scientific events
- Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and product promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Influential presentation style with demonstrated ability to uncover and address customer needs and effectively manage customer concerns and questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Microsoft Office experience essential (Outlook, Power point, Word, Excel) and Reporting Tools
- Knowledge and understanding of country pharmaceutical regulations
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
We would prefer for you to have:
- Should have ability to attend, understand and participate in International meetings conducted in English
- Sales experience in the Neurology background desirable
Please note that the recruiting process including the interviews will be held in German Language.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.