Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Sr Patient Medical Program (PMP) Manager
This is what you will do:
The goal of the Patient Medical Program (PMP) Manager is to focus on patient needs for the continued improvement of patient services and healthcare management tools for a better patient outcome in Germany. The Patient Medical Program (PMP) Manager will drive the design, implementation and ongoing management of patient services, patient materials and healthcare tools. The position will seek to improve the brand and company perception in the mind of patients and their families, treating physicians, and associated healthcare professionals.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and implementation of patient programs, based on patient’s insight at country level, aligned with other patient facing functions (e.g. Medical Advisors, MSLs, Patient Advocacy Team) and in cooperation with relevant global counterparts and external stakeholders as well as managing vendors
- Responsible to ensure that Alexion is capturing the voice of the patients and striving to find efficiencies of scale and scope for patient support programs.
- Bring expertise in new technology and innovative ways to support patients through their patient journey.
- Interact with patients where appropriate, generate insights on the needs of patients in Alexion-relevant indications and translate this knowledge into patient programs, patient materials and healthcare tools for patients
- Responsible for the presentation and validation of programs with patients in collaboration with patient advocacy teams to ensure creation of meaningful programs.
- Ensure patients receive a complaint, ethic, meaningful and valuable program that is tracked with appropriate quality checks (focusing on compliance to Alexion SOPs, local regulation, data privacy, and PV reporting).
- Lead training and continuous education on patient’s support programs and associated SOP and procedures to all relevant Alexion staff direct or indirectly involved on these programs.
- Active participant in Brand Teams to capture internal stakeholder’s insights
- Effective in influencing and decision making both internally and externally
- Act as subject matter expert German patient programs in the event of audit or regulatory inspections and oversee and drive the implementation of any Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
- Participate in the review and approval of new and update local SOPs and associated documents for patient programs, including but not limited to PSP
- Manage patient program budget and monitor regularly
You will need to have:
- Minimum 5 years in biopharmaceutical/pharma related industry with patient facing position
- Knowledge of medical and commercial activities in the industry
- Good collaboration/influencing skills
- Excellent team worker and communicator
- Excellent pharmacovigilance, compliance and local regulations knowledge
- Understanding of Patient Support Programs
- Solving complex problems, guiding large projects
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Systems SOPs
- Experience with Training programs
- Familiarity with electronic data management systems
- Leadership/Management experience
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.