Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Senior Medical Affairs Advisor Hematology & Nephrology
This is what you will do:
The Senior Medical Affairs Advisor is a member of the Medical Affairs Hematology and Nephrology Team and will provide scientific and medical leadership in establishing an in depth understanding of the relevant medical landscape in relation to relevant disease states and Alexion products. The Senior Medical Advisor is supporting the development and implementation of long-term strategy and building enduring medical affairs practices and infrastructure in line with overall Alexion strategy. The Senior Medical Advisor will support the medical hematology and nephrology team to ensure achievement of local objectives and further to the global medical affairs mission to maximize patient outcomes by setting and continuously advancing the evidence-based medical standard of care.
The Senior Medical Advisor develops expertise in the specific therapeutic area (TA)
for internal as well as external stakeholders and acts as the medical expert for the TA within cross-functional teams, including support for other functions (e.g. marketing, regulatory affairs, market access, HEOR).
The Senior Medical Advisor will report to the Director, Medical Affairs Hematology & Nephrology.
You will be responsible for:
- Create and give medical presentations and medical trainings to different audiences and target groups
- Providing objective and balanced medical/ scientific information for both internal and external customers, including Medical Information activities
- Support of the field and office staff with regard to medical and scientific questions
- Development, implementation, and support of national key medical events such as symposia, medical standalone meetings or Advisory Boards
- Checking the content of advertising materials to ensure that information and messages for the respective national environment are medically and scientifically correct and relevant, are presented in an appropriate context and correspond to local medical practices
- Formulation of medical/ scientific abstracts and publications
- Medical / scientific support of clinical operations in the conduction of (global and local) clinical studies
- Support HTA activities and reimbursement applications locally in close collaboration with market access, including the preparation of value dossiers for HTA processes
- Maintain knowledge of the respective therapeutic area, stay current on leading edge medicines and development efforts, attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses to gather intelligence and for personal education
You will need to have:
- Relevant scientific degree (medical degree is a plus)
- Sufficient experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry in a medical affairs role (5+ years)
- Proven capacity to: communicate clearly complex scientific data, in different settings (F2F, virtual, and public presentations) and to different audiences (incl. top experts in the relevant fields)
- Networking, planning and management skills
- Proactive attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willingness to travel
We would prefer for you to have:
- Fluency in German and English
- Experience in the launch of new products is a plus
- Specialist in the referred TA preferred but not essential
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.