Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Marketing Coordinator Neurology
This is what you will do:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for administrative, project and process support of the Marketing team. She/he handles multiple tasks with competing deadlines independently and manages projects and processes efficiently.
You will be responsible for:
- Support of Marketing team in preparation of all marketing relevant tasks, for example the development, production and distribution of Marketing material
- Manage efficiently external vendors: e.g. event, communication and creative agencies
- Monitor marketing KOL activities and fulfill all requirements of tracking and recording events for the transparency code
- Organize efficiently the central storage of promotional materials
Internal and external event handling
- Provide administrative support to the Director Marketing such as organization of internal Marketing team meetings & trainings
- Support marketing team in delivering local educational events by preparing required legal contracts, ensuring timely vendor, invoice and payment management in the respective financial systems and arranging logistics for sponsored speakers
- Support Alexion’s participation on national and international congresses
Financial & other tasks
- Responsible for overall Marketing budget administration
- Support Marketing team in managing operational spend (monthly accruals, budget tracking)
- Participate in administrative and financial workflow for offers, orders and invoices with respect to marketing activities
- Handle general vendor and payment process for all external vendors – Handle and approve invoices, create necessary forms, ensure adherence to SOP (PRF, new vendor, PO Management
- Closely collaborate and pro-actively communicate within the assistant group to manage tasks and processes across departments
You will need to have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an Assistant or comparable role, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German & English
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SAP)
- Able to handle multiple and changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in project and process management
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Highly motivated and pro-active
We would prefer for you to have:
- Assistant or commercial degree or equivalent
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.