Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
(Senior) People & Culture Partner for Germany
This is what you will do:
The (Senior) People & Culture Partner (P&C Partner) is responsible for successfully ensuring world-class experience for all Alexion employees in Germany, as well as partnering as a valued team member within the broader HR community internationally and globally. This includes being accountable for all HR strategical and operational tasks within a defined remit for the German affiliate ensuring full compliance and alignment with both global standards and local requirements, being the first point of contact for employees on a broad range of HR-related topics in close collaboration with the People & Culture Lead (P&C Lead) and team on a variety of HR and business partnering activities as well as works council-related activities. The incumbent will ensure that all employee- and people manager-related matters are treated with confidentiality. As an expert in relevant German HR and labor law related processes and systems, the incumbent will ensure consistent and timely application of key processes. The P&C Partner reports directly to the P&C Lead, Germany.
You will be responsible for:
- Business partnering as a professional HR Generalist with leaders and employees, nationally and internationally, in all HR related matters across all levels.
- Drive execution on organization- and leadership strategy and projects as well as HR & Talent Acquisition agenda at country level and for respective client group in alignment within the international and global function including co-leading defined HR core projects and processes.
- Ensure proper organizational design and talent management in close collaboration with business leaders, Talent Acquisition and P&C Lead.
- Partner and negotiate with works council and subcommittees in defined projects, procedures, and formal agreements for respective client group and beyond.
- Act as trusted interview partner and represent the P&C team in recruiting activities within a defined remit in close collaboration with local and international Talent Acquisition partner.
- Partner closely with Center of Excellence (COE) including Compensation & Benefit, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, and internal Communications in P&C-related matters for respective client group and beyond to ensure consistent communications, expectations, and implementation of initiatives at country level.
- Partner closely with the global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DI&B) function to ensure a robust setup and implementation of the key global DI&B Strategy at country level.
- Lead, develop and facilitate trainings to leaders and employees on core P&C projects, processes and procedures and act as the main content lead for Offboarding & Onboarding, local Culture initiatives and Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging activities in cross-functional partnership within the German affiliate and beyond with the ambition of making Alexion the most rewarding company to work for.
- Provides information to leaders and employees on company's current policies & benefits and other matters and participates in creating and/or reviewing policies and processes, as well as socializing them across the employee population.
- Manage and ensure high quality of personnel administration and documentation in partnership with local P&C team and COEs.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in relevant field, e. g. economic sciences, business administration or equivalent; alternatively completed vocational education in Personnel Management or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Extensive HR Business Partner and/or Generalist experience (minimum 3-5 years) including deep expertise in works council related matters and negotiations as well as a proven track record in HR along the employee and organizational life cycle.
- Demonstrates strong learning agility with ability to handle multiple and changing priorities
- High commitment; self-motivated; optimistic attitude and mind set, strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal savvy, highly self-driven and self-motivated
- Team player and strong networker with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer service approach with excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical skills combined with strong systems experience
- Fluency in German as well as English both written and oral mandatory
- Profound knowledge in labor law, social security law and works constitution act
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience in matrix-organized enterprise in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology environment
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.