Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
New Product Medical Advisor Metabolic Disorders
Fixed-Term (substitution during parental leave)
This is what you will do:
The New Product Medical Advisor is a country-based position within International Medical Affairs whose focus is to perform specific medical activities – according to Alexion internal rules, as well external laws and regulations – aimed at preparing the successful launch of new products in the Alexion pipeline. Ideally, the New Product Medical Advisor will start working on a specific product 24 months prior to the planned licensure. A step by step approach will be managed to ensure a seamless planning and execution of launch. The New Product Medical Advisor is part of the German Medical Affairs team and will additionally support the team according to the needs in activities for products post-licensure.
In conclusion the New Product Medical Advisor will be in charge of one or more new products in Alexion but will also support the Medical Affairs Metabolics. The New Product Medical Advisor will work very closely with the Medical Advisor Clinical Trials (MACT) and Clinical Operations to ensure a close coordination on the scientific engagement of Thought Leaders who are, at the same time, Investigators of the pivotal CTs on the product. The New Product Medical Advisor will also maintain a very close collaboration with the country medical and commercial team, providing updates on a regular basis to ensure a smooth complete hand-over process to the medical colleagues in the 6 months before the expected licensure.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, insight and strategy to all Alexion activities planned for new product launch, collaborating across functions, including ensuring the highest level of communication and education for all Alexion employees.
- In close collaboration with the local Therapeutic Area Lead, the Medical Affairs team, the Medical Launch Excellence and GMA, be responsible for the development and implementation of the medical plan based on the target product profile for preparation and execution of launch activities within local laws and regulations, including identification and successful execution of:
- Medical Education events, prior (where applicable) and after launch
- Internal Training plan on the disease and New Treatments
- Local HEOR evidence generation to support country access
- Advice seeking activities, prior and post launch
- Patient Support Programs needed at country level
- Key stakeholders (TL/Key Accounts/Payers/Policy Makers) engagement plan
- Identify, map and build strong partnerships to key experts and medical societies in the field of new indications and understand the patient journey, the unmet medical need as well as available therapy options.
- Liaise with Patient Advocacy team to map relevant PAO groups operating in the TA and develop relevant support programs based on patient’s insights.
- In collaboration with the MACT and the direct manager, identify and address relevant educational gaps and relay those to Global and Country Medical Affairs and identify opportunities for scientific presentations of clinical trial data at national conferences
You will need to have:
- Relevant scientific degree in medicine, pharmacology or biology (medical degree is a plus)
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry in a medical affairs role
- Fluent in English and relevant local languages, written and spoken
- Proven capacity to:
- communicate clearly complex scientific data, in different settings (F2F, virtual, and public presentations) and to different audiences (incl. top experts in the relevant fields)
- establish and develop internal and external networks
- plan and manage complex projects
- work independently and proactively
- act as a team player in multi-disciplinary settings
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience in metabolic disorders
- Experience in the launch of new products
- Previous experience in rare diseases is a definite plus
- Positive attitude during challenging situations
- Flexibility and easy adoption to changes
- Willingness to travel (up to 30 % of time)
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.