Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Market Access Coordinator
This is what you will do:
The Market Access Coordinator will support the Market Access team on a variety of projects and administrative tasks. They will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications from external and internal sources and organize and maintain administrative processes. They should be motivated to take on complex tasks with limited guidance and thrive in a fast-paced complex environment. They should be a self-starter with a great ability to connect with people. A strong analytical mindset and structured approach in organizing tasks are required.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinate the distribution of contracts and check invoices, payment and delivery of agreed return service, ensure adherence to relevant SOPs (PRF, new Vendor) and compliance rules
- Provide full administrative support to the Market Access team, including the Regional Market Access team
- Responsible for administration of different kind of projects and related budgets and responsible for budget administration
- Manage relevant legal and compliance related processes including input into ARIES
- Liaise with other departments and their staff to coordinate activities and meetings
- Efficient management of internal and external business partners
- Plan, arrange and coordinate departmental meetings
- Support preparation of contracts, in coordination with Legal, and collection of signatures to ensure due execution
- Prepare POs, e-Reqs and coordinate the distribution of contracts and check invoices, payment and delivery of agreed return service, ensure adherence to relevant SOPs (PRF, new Vendor) and compliance rules
- Working with finance to communicate accruals, project changes etc.
- Support the coordination and logistics of meetings, both on and off site – as necessary
- Manage or support additionally assigned specific projects as needed and take ownership for timely delivery of assigned projects
- Provide general administrative tasks, including printing, preparation of draft presentations after basic instructions, filing of documents and e-mails, keeping binders and files up to date, meeting/telecon organization and preparation
- Liaise with Office Management to organize and execute equipment and office supplies purchases
- Manage the department calendar – organize, maintain and update online calendar for meetings/telecons, report deadlines, travel, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and scheduling – as necessary
- Provide analytical support to analyze and improve internal processes and efficient allocation of resources
- Supports the onboarding of new Market Access employees including coordination of trainings
You will need to have:
- Assistant or commercial degree or equivalent or bachelor's/master's degree in healthcare field is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German & English
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Highly service oriented, able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Highly motivated and pro-active
We would prefer for you to have:
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Experience in the life science/pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience as Assistant
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.