Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Senior Customer Operations Agent – German speaker
This is what you will do:
This role will be responsible for the day to day customer management in the region, together with the assigned team, by providing support to the country/region with all aspects of Customer Operations Management task. Ensure all customer demand is satisfied by efficiently processing sales orders, handling customers’ enquiries relating to sales orders, vial requests and product returns or exchanges. In addition, proactively monitor all electronic order/invoicing processes (EDI) relating to customer sales order demand and invoicing. Ensure that the team is adequately trained to professionally answer incoming calls and emails, understand the customers’ needs and their environment, and to improve satisfaction at sales and service support levels. Work to build a strong relationship with the country/region and supporting functions through proactive communication on all business-related issues.
Build excellent working relationships and regular contact with stakeholders such as Customer Operations Management, Sales, Finance, Credit Management, Distribution, QA, Regulatory and Contracts. Support the Customer Opeartions Manager, EMEA in process improvements, Order Book Management specific projects and initiatives. Fully understand all the Departmental processes and consistently seek out areas and opportunities to improve overall team efficiency in alignment with local requirements and the Customer Opeartions Manager, EMEA or regional lead. Drive superior levels of compliance and efficiency with all tasks always ensuring every patient is treated on time every time.
You will be responsible for:
- Daily management and processing of sales orders, rush orders, service requests and advance exchange programs with the team members (Shipping Calendar processing, Global Access to Medicines Program (GATM), Named Patient Sales (NPS). other Commercial, Free of Charge/Compassionate items as applicable). Ensure all received orders are always processed by end of Business Day.
- Provide daily support to the country/region with all aspects of Customer Operations Management tasks. Provide regular reporting and feedback on the Customer Operations Management challenges of the day/week and take the initiative to proactively solve issues or reach out to other Depts. for support required.
- Manage the coordination of information to the customer and to the internal teams on all aspects of the order processing status. This includes all shipment status updates by Distribution.
- Provide backup and cover for the Customer Operations Management team in the case of the absence.
- Be part of the On-Call rotation support to handle emergencies from customers.
- Accountable for using and maintaining established & Standardized template(s) / Document(s) / procedure(s) whenever it is applicable, in conjunction with Customer Operations Manager’s guidance/recommendations and ensure all training requirements are complete.
- New Customer Creation and modification in SAP in conjunction with QA or Regulatory Affairs and ensure the validation criteria for Bona Fide with the appropriate control documents.
- Patients records creation and update in SFDC in conjunction with Customer Operations Manager & RAMs (as applicable)
- Work very closely with the Distribution team to ensure that product is delivered to the right place, at the right time and for the right patient.
- Vaccination certificates (CoV) checking: collection, verifying, working with medical and regulatory people in the regions to approve CoV, filing, entering the information into database, cleaning up the CoV database, chasing the expired CoVs
- Ensure the follow up of the re-vaccination process by liaising with the field; make sure all information is captured, such as dates of Vaccination / antibiotics / reason Stop or Permanent Stop. Entering the re-vaccination certificates into database and filing
- Ensure the highest adherence to all compliance requirements within the function
- Quality control – Good Distribution Practice (GDP Guidance)
- Data Privacy control – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Financial control – Sarbanes Oxley
- Regulatory control – Controlled distribution
- Support the yearly requirement for Customer account revalidation in conjunction with the local quality representative and within the timelines set.
- Ensure decisions made on acceptance or denial of returns, credits and rebills meet Alexion’s policies in coordination with the distribution specialists
- Only where applicable, support the Regulatory team in the requirement for distributing Risk Management Packs (RMP) for new physicians and patients
- Effectively and efficiently manage project items as assigned by the Customer Operations Manager, EMEA and deliver on timelines and tasks as required and in accordance with project dates.
You will need to have:
- Previous Pharmaceutical Experience desirable, ideally in Customer Service or Supply Chain
- Customer Experience driven
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong process improvement and project management skillset
- Ability to lead and take initiatives, and to drive change
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations desirable
- Strong computer literacy, with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point)
- Strong presentation skills
- Fluency in German & English both written and oral; fluency in other European languages is desirable (French, Spanish, Italian or Turkish).
We would prefer for you to have:
- University Degree in Business Related or Supply Chain
- GDP Certification
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.