Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Executive Assistant (80%) / Projekt Coordinator (20%)
This is what you will do:
The Executive Assistant will support the General Manger and the Leadership Team. In addition she/he will be working 20% with the communications team. She/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. She/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position.
The candidate will also be responsible for project management activities mainly supporting the Leadership Team in terms of contracts and other administrative tasks.
You will be responsible for as Executive Assistant (80 %):
- Support of the General Manager in his daily work, schedule coordination and travel arrangements
- Handling of the travel and related business expenses of the General Manager
- Support of the General Manager in creating reports, presentations and correspondence including file documents and contracts
- Interface between the General Manager and external partners
- Plan, arrange, coordinate meetings (such as Quarterly Business Reviews and Leadership Team Meetings) and internal events (such as the Annual National Cycle Meeting and off-site business meetings)
- Obtaining offers, creating vendors and PRFs, handling and approving invoices, handling invoice reminders and filing documents related to office and IT equipment and supplies under the cost center of the General Manager
- Filing, handling and controlling contracts including conditions and terms, as needed
- Translating and/or organizing translation of documents and emails (English/German), as needed
- Support in a broad variety of projects and initiatives, according to the needs of the business
- Backup for other Assistants as needed
You will be responsible for as Project Coordinator (20 %):
- Work with the GM and communications team to plan, manage and monitor all defined projects, including but not limited to: processing of contracts & agreements, monitoring invoices, alignment with cross-functional departments such as Chief of Staff, Finance, HR/P&C and the other teams.
- Support the Director Communications. This includes: Processing of contracts and agreements; monitoring the budget and taking care for all related tasks such as offers, POs, invoices, etc.; minor tasks on: website, Newsletter, Update Call
- Support the Director Communications for the provision of communications related material and the formatting of presentations and uploading of comms material to PromoMats tool.
- Maintains and controls the project schedules
- Track and communicate on progress made on tasks/projects
- Maintains and organizes all files related to a project (i.e. timelines, minutes, related documents) in a way that is clear and accessible to project team members
- Applies project management best practices in the planning, alignment, initiation, execution, control, and closing of projects
- Ensuring all contracts and agreements are submitted into the contracts system and aligned with legal as well as monitored properly.
- Ensuring that purchase order (PO) numbers are generated. Once PO’s are generated, providing the information to vendors for proper invoicing and payment.
You will need to have:
- Coordinator or commercial degree or equivalent is preferred
- At least 2 years experience in a role with focus on administrative, organizational or business supporting tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German & English
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Highly service oriented, able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Highly motivated and pro-active
We would prefer you to have:
- Experience in Life Science / pharmaceutical industry
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions and timelines
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.