Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
People & Culture Lead, Germany
This is what you will do:
At Alexion, we pride ourselves on being a talented, global team that’s powering AstraZeneca to better serve patients, every day. As a key enabler for our evolving, rapidly growing Rare Disease Business Unit, the People and Culture team helps to unlock the power of what science can do and ultimately have a huge impact on patients’ lives.
At Alexion, the People and Culture Lead will play a key role in driving and delivering on our mission to transform the lives of people affected by rare and devastating diseases by delivering outstanding HR support for our employees. Our HR professionals are coordinated and closely aligned with the whole enterprise. We do all of it strategically, looking ahead to the new challenges we’ll face and improving the way the enterprise operates today.
Reporting into the HR Enterprise Partner International the P&C Lead Germany will deliver HR counsel and drive successful programs in the area of talent acquisition, employee relations, retention, and performance management. S/he will work closely with the VP & General Manager of the region and be a part of the German Leadership Team.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance and advice to business teams, managers, and leaders on all people management matters
- Delivering the global and International HR agendas, initiatives, and objectives year-over-year in support of the business
- Partnering effectively with leaders, managers, and employees across the business and providing leadership and coaching to drive the successful implementation of our people and culture strategy in a consistent manner
- Partnering with the works' council in all employee and organizational-related matters including negotiation of key company agreements and acting as subject matter expertise locally, internationally and globally
- Building relationships and collaborating with AstraZeneca’s Centers of Expertise (COE’s), Talent (Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development) and Total Rewards, to deploy strategies to impact capabilities in innovation and leadership
- Play a key role in various projects having a significant change management component, e.g. AZ integration, business transformation, etc.
- Proactively performing diagnostic interventions and problem resolution strategies to contribute HR point of view to business issues; anticipating and advocating for employees’ needs and aims to balance those with business strategy
- Leading all administrative processes and reporting, including, but not limited to, payroll validation, HR administration, employee records management, etc.
- Driving high quality levels in all HR operations, ensuring consistency and accuracy of processes, data, and systems
- Working collaboratively with Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Inclusion & Diversity, and Total Rewards colleagues to address business needs and ensure full alignment with global HR initiatives and goals
You will need to have:
- 10+ years of professional experience in a generalist HR role, including in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee experience practices and principles and knowledge of the business and industry
- Bachelors Degree Required, advanced degree and/or professional certifications preferred
- Proven experience and subject matter expertise in labor and employee relations
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech Experience
- Ability to comfortably balance multiple priorities
- High sense of ethics, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- High learning agility with highly developed ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Solutions-oriented attitude with the ability to align and collaborate across distributed teams
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Solid command of English and German, both verbal and written and excellent communication skills
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.