Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Customer Network Manager NF1
-> This position is home office based.
This is what you will do:
As a Customer Network Manager you work as a field based marketing team member. You are responsible for management of HCP networks from a commercial perspective. Building up and supporting networks along the patient treatment pathways of Neurofibromatosis Typ 1 (NF1), development and implementation of customer engagement / speaker programs and generation of commercially relevant insights belong to your key tasks.
You will be responsible for:
- Drive the identification of networks and collaborate with and support all stakeholders in national and local networks including professional organizations
- Evaluate patient pathways and drive alignment of structured processes for patient pathways to and from Centers of Excellence together with hospital and office-based HCPs
- Support best practice sharing from existing networks to newly forming networks
- Work with cross-functional teams (Sales, MSL, Marketing, Medical, Market Access, etc.) to develop strategy, tools, and different approaches for target networks to meet commercial needs
- Foster collaboration of all involved stakeholders in the patient journey
- Evaluate unmet needs and provide meaningful support (e.g., reimbursement, telemedicine, medical education events). Create and implement supporting material (informational material, checklists, Alexion contacts)
- Evaluate and accelerate added value tools for networks including multichannel approaches and access support
- Thought Leader / Speaker and Program Engagement in close collaboration with RAMs, Marketing, Medical and MSLs
- Creation and implementation of event concepts (in and across specialist groups)
- Develop and implement speaker slide decks
- Develop and implement RAM slide decks
- Support identification of speakers based on Medical and Commercial needs
- Plan, organize and execute advisory board programs to support networks and speaker programs
- Gathering and distilling insights to support and give input to internal Commercial strategic and tactical decision making
You will need to have:
- Minimum 5 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical experience preferably in the specialized or orphan area
- Prior experience as either a RAM, a MSL or a KOL manager / Customer NetworkManager / Thought Leader Liasion or similar role
- Proven track record of relationship development in the industry
- Experience and KOL contacts within Paediatric Neurology and Paediatric Oncology would be ideal
- Self-starter, works independently, sees where they can add value and develops ideas
- Capacity to work effectively on multi–disciplinary teams and matrix organizations in order to achieve desired outcomes – exceptional team player
- Ability to structure and prioritize workload, demonstrate project management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of result driven effectiveness as a cross-functional team player
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office program suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- German (native preferred) and English (fluent)
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include frequent overnight and weekend travel
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.