Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Director Regional Market Access, Germany
This is what you will do:
The Director, Regional Market Access is to lead, coordinate and support the activities of the Regional Market Access Germany team. The incumbent reports into the Executive Director, Market Access lead, Germany and closely partners with other members of the Market Access team. This individual will be a high functioning, highly adaptable and capable leader for the Regional Market Access Team team and will oversee, support and implement projects that further our commercial success across all business areas. The individual will provide relevant, up-to-date input into strategy development and ensure that relevant information is assessed and shared with the organization. The individual will develop, coordinate and implement strategies that support our business. The individual will ensure that the team engages positively and with impact with a multitude of relevant stakeholders in accounts, hospital pharmacies, sick funds, regional physicians’ associations etc. The individual will help shape the external environment for orphan diseases and Alexion’s products across Germany.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a highly functioning team of excellent Regional Market Access experts.
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships and partner closely with marketing, medical, sales and all other functions
- Excellence in engaging with relevant external stakeholders across all levels, and maintain a network of relevant decision makers
- Fully supporting the cross-functional Key Account Management approach in partnership with sales and marketing
- Engaging external stakeholders in an effective and compliant manner, creating meaningful value added services and overcoming existing access and prescribing hurdles
- Implementing and creating innovative approaches to contracting, negotiation, and partnering with relevant stakeholders and organizations
- Developing and delivering training to the team and the customer-facing functions
- Developing and executing complex strategic initiatives
- Analyzing and presenting data
- Maintaining and controlling multiple projects at the same time and follow through to successful completion
- Tracking progress KPIs and performance against strategic initiatives and tracking action items to completion
- Ensuring that structured input from a regional maret access perspective is provided into strategy development
- Ensuring appropriate resourcing of critical initiatives and seamless coordination across the regions and business areas
- Proactive monitoring of all relevant developments in the German healthcare system and precise communication into the organization
- Representing Alexion in relevant industry associations as needed
You will need to have:
- Significant relevant leadership experience
- 8+ years of leadership experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical/ biopharma industry, extensive experience in regional market access with at least 3 years of other relevant experience from payer, hospital or government affairs position
- Master’s degree, MBA, or equivalent level of experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the German healthcare system and a broad network of relevant experts and stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and track record of developing and implementing meaningful strategic initiatives successfully and with clear business results
- Able to understand and communicate scientific data
- Experience in working in highly matrixed, fast paced organizations
- Experience managing complex projects with team members in multiple locations
- Experience managing internal resources and external contractors/vendors
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time
- Bereitschaft zu Reisetätigkeit Deutschlandweit.
- Strong presentation, training and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and German
- High level of proficiency in MS Office software including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the rare disease/orphan disease field strongly preferred
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.