Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
This is what you will do:
The Technology Experience team is looking to hire an Intern, Technology Experience to join their team for Summer 2023. The individual must be an exceptionally strong collaborator, who will work to become a trusted partner to IT colleagues by providing strategic thinking with tactical execution. This Technology Experience intern will work with Alexion IT teams to align requirements and expectations with design, content, and technical delivery of the internal, Alexion Digital Playbook website.
You will be responsible for:
- Act as the digital lead for the design and content overhaul and technical delivery of the internal, Alexion Digital Playbook website
- Lead the authoring of design and functional documentation such as requirements specifications
- Collaborate with key IT stakeholders to gather design, content, and functional requirements, set project milestones, and execute on agreed deliverables
You will need to have:
- Experience in designing and delivering websites
- Exceptional project management and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate grit, clever problem-solving, honesty, team-based ambition, strong attention to detail, high character, and logical decision making
- Curious problem solver who enjoys learning new things, working with others, and continuously growing their interpersonal and technical skills
- Committed to furthering Alexion’s mission of serving the patient
- Solid technical and analytical skills, along with sharp business acumen
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, along with a passion and aptitude for technology
- Ability to quickly adapt to new projects and work on a diverse team
- Effectively work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Education: Major in computer science, life sciences, data sciences, business administration, mathematics, information systems/technology, computer engineering, privacy, or a related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship. Alexion will not sponsor employment visas for this role.
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience with CMS systems, Liferay DXP is a plus
- Experience with wireframing, UX / UI design and tools, Figma is a plus
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. All US-based employees must comply with Alexion’s COVID-19 vaccination mandate. Alexion provides exceptions based on applicable state law as well as reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding a legally required exemption or accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion offers a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.