Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
This is what you will do:
As Alexion has grown in size and geography, the complexity of commercial training has increased, requiring enhanced resources to plan, implement and support the Metabolics/Complement/Neurology training needs in each Country. The Senior Manager Training and Development Germany will be responsible for providing field sales training, developing sales education materials, and assisting all first line sales managers with individual growth initiatives. This position will identify learning gaps and deliver training content to address critical business needs relevant to Germany, in line with the EMEA region.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and deliver communication and sales training programs for customer facing functions
- Develop and deliver disease education, diagnosis and product training curriculums in conjunction with the Brand teams
- Coordinate and organize sales development trainings, developed by International
- Conduct new-hire and ongoing training classes for Regional Account Managers (RAMs), Area Sales Managers (AMs), Diagnostic Liaison Specialists (DLS) and other internal Alexion staff
- Work collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to coordinate delivery of Alexion’s sales training program for new hires in field sales organization and internal commercial teams, including the expansion of the field mentor program
- Conduct field rides to coach, develop and mentor RAMs and DLS and provide in-the-field coaching to supplement efforts of AMs
- Document observations and coaching steps via Field Contact Report
- Adapt and implement Global Training Initiatives to the local market needs
- Develop and facilitate workshops during local German Brand Team meetings
- Lead development and implementation of all launch product training initiatives to ensure the sales organization is fully prepared and can confidently articulate material
- Represent/navigate training initiatives as necessary through medical/legal/regulatory approval process
- Work cross functionally with marketing, medical affairs, clinical, etc. to better understand market factors and develop new and revise subsequent training initiatives as needed
- Update new-hire and advanced training resources for Germany field sales organization and internal commercial teams working with external training vendors in the creation and implementation of training content as needed
- Measure outcomes of training initiatives and create plans for continuous improvement
- Add creative value to the Global/Regional training team based on career experiences in sales training, leadership, or other functional role
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the above mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs
- Some regional travel required
You will need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or a combination of sales experience and training experience
- Sales training experience in the biopharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of adult learning principles and proven application thereof
- Prior experience working in a CRM platform like Sales Force or other sales/contact management software platform
- Ability to learn complex scientific content and simplify for new and experienced employees
- Proven track record for delivering strong, consistent results during sales experience
- Knowledge of multiple physician types treating patients in the diseases treated by Alexion
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional environment as well as independently on a consistent basis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in both English and German
- Ability to articulate clearly and conduct verbal presentations with large and small audiences
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships
We would prefer you to have:
- B.A. /B.S. in business or scientific field preferred
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.