Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
This is what you will do:
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for FP&A and accounting activities related to Alexion Pharma Germany in cooperation with the International Headquarters and Financial Shared Services and reports to the Senior Director Finance Germany.
You will be responsible for:
- Strong finance business partnering to the respective stakeholders
- Supporting the German team by providing insightful business, cost and financial information
- Preparing financial reporting, monthly planning and analysis
- Establishing long range plans, budgets, forecasts and manage local budgets
- Providing financial ad-hoc analysis and scenarios
- Preparing and supporting business cases from a finance perspective
- Prepares and supporting Budget, Business review and other presentations for senior management
- Supporting and managing month, quarter and year end close activities from an accounting perspective in close collaboration with the Financial Shared Services
- Reviewing and driving the monthly revenue and operating expense accrual process
- Developing, deploying and monitoring internal procedures in conformity with company policies and procedures
- Developing, managing and providing KPIs and regular reports for local and EMEA review
- Ensuring appropriate training, coaching and guidance to Alexion Pharma Germany employees regarding finance driven processes
You will need to have:
- MBA or Master’s degree of a business school or equivalent certificate in Finance
- 5 year experience in Finance / Accounting and FP&A position
- First experience with Corporate and Value Added Tax related topics
- Experience in international matrix organizations
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry is a strong plus
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with others as well as independently
- Very good computer skills, in particular Excel and PPT
- Good knowledge of an ERP, SAP or similar
- Fluency in German and English both written and oral mandatory
We would prefer you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field
- Accounting degree (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter) or other accounting qualification is a plus
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA) preferred
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.