Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Manager Market Access Operations
This is what you will do:
The Market Access Operations Manager is responsible for project management in the Market Access department in Germany. He/She reports to the Regional Market Access Director and collaborates closely with the Executive Director Market Access and all other Market Access colleagues as needed. Responsibilities include monitoring of milestones related to the market access plan and its execution and full responsibility for KPI reporting and preparation of presentations, dashboards, overviews. He/She ensures continuous improvement of all operational aspects of our Market Access programs (including AMNOG processes, advisory boards, external engagement meetings). He/she is responsible for tracking and processing all sick fund and similar contracts & agreements and aligning with the Finance team. He/she will build a Knowledge Center for Market Access requests, develop and update relevant local policies and SOPs. He/she will ensure that databases and relevant tools will be maintained. In addition, he/she will drive selected activities like co-creation initiatives, events or projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining an effective system for tracking all sick fund/hospital or other contracts and agreements, plausibility checks and processing these in close collaboration with Finance
- Ensures flawless transparent communication between external stakeholders and Regional Market Access team
- Manage the development, maintenance, and monitoring of project and program plans, budgeting, and tracking of milestones. This includes project schedules/timelines, budgets, and plans for project quality, resources, communications, and tracking resolution of issues, risks and resources.
- Contributes to the assessment of organizational needs, identifying of gaps and proposals for new processes, and tools to improve planning.
- Manages input into business reviews and related to dos for all therapeutic areas in market access (disease plans, mid-term plans, long-term plans etc)
- Leadership to finalize regular updates and reporting of tactical market access plan for the running year
- Closely partners with relevant colleagues in ComOps, Sales and Medical to ensure that KAM related activities reviews are coordinated and provides input into the development of AlexCRM and related tools
- Tracks relevant initiatives and ensures that dashboards are up to date
- Management of submissions for the International Country Dashboard, Regional Market Access KPIs, status & budget updates related to the Market Access tactics
- Drives the initiation and management of selected projects in Market Access
- Maintaining oversight of alexLaunch Tool (PROPEL) for upcoming launches and training of colleagues
- Responsible for preparation of audits, including proper follow up of actions and implementation of CAPAs
- Ensures that relevant policies and SOPs are in place, adapted and updated according to the corresponding Global documents and local regulations
You will need to have:
- Advanced degree in life sciences, business, PharmD is a plus
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in market access, consulting, sick fund, hospital administration
- Solid understanding of the German healthcare system strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations
- Good analytical skills as applied to data, medical, scientific, and technical information
- Excellent MS Office and digital skills, applied statistics knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to create and deliver impactful presentations
- Solution oriented and ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Positive can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.