Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
– Maternity cover –
This is what you will do:
The Commercial Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support of the Commercial Head, the Digital Marketing Team as well as the Commercial Operations Team. S/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and hence is required to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. Abilities like independently managing projects and processes as well as handling multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines is essential for this position.
You will be responsible for:
Internal and external event handling
• Provide administrative support to Head of Commercial such as organization of internal Commercial team meetings & trainings; managing workflow of documents signed by the Head of Commercial Germany
• Coordinate and organize regional and national commercial meetings including logistics, meeting room planning and arrangements for external speakers.
• Support Commercial team in delivering local educational events by preparing required legal contracts, ensuring timely vendor, invoice and payment management in the respective financial systems and arranging logistics for sponsored speakers.
• Monitor commercial budget for educational events and fulfill all requirements of tracking and recording events for the transparency code.
• Handle general vendor, invoice and payment process for all external vendors that are used by the Head of Commercial Germany
- Takeover Commercial projects such as e.g. process optimization etc.
Marketing and Commercial Operations support
• Support of Digital Marketing Team and Commercial Operations Team in preparation of all marketing/Commmercial Operation relevant tasks
• Manage efficiently external vendors: communication, events and translation agencies
• Organize efficiently the central storage of promotional materials
• Handle contract management for all commercial events
Financial & other tasks
• Responsible for overall Commercial budget administration,
• Support Digital Marketing Manager and Commercial Operations Head in managing operational spend (monthly accruals, budget tracking)
• Participate in administrative and financial workflow for offers, orders and invoices with respect to marketing activities
• Handle invoices, create necessary forms, ensure adherence to SOP (PRF, new vendor, PO Management)
• Provide general office administration and backup for other assistants (Executive & Office Assistant, other Marketing Assistants)
• Backup for order management
• Closely collaborate and pro-actively communicate within the assistant group to manage tasks and processes across departments.
• Provide general office administration and backup for other assistants in other departments
You will need to have:
• 2-3 years of experience as an Assistant, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in German & English
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SAP)
• Highly service-oriented, calm and polite in a busy work environment
• Able to handle multiple and changing priorities and deadlines
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Sense of ethics and responsibility
• Highly motivated and pro-active
We would prefer for you to have:
Assistant or Commercial Degree or eqivalent
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you’re interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.