Pricing and Reimbursement Lead, International
Req ID: 14266
Job Category: Global Government Affairs
Location: Zurich, Zurich
Posting Date: August 23, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion’s internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier’s check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Pricing & Reimbursement Lead, International
Reports to : Vice President, IMPACT International Marketing, Policy, Access & Commercial Excellence Team
Location : Zurich, Switzerland
Alexion’s GVAP team is seeking a qualified Senior Director candidate to help develop and execute successful P&R policies and strategies for Alexion’s current and future products across the metabolic franchise in regiona International (EMEAC; LATAM; APAC). Specifically, the Senior Director will lead efforts in assessing and communicating to internal and external stakeholders the market access requirements of the Internationalregion for metabolic treatments, contributing to and shaping the overall value strategy for our brands throughout lifecycle. The position will support Alexion’s country teams in the preparation and delivery of P&R negotiations, and will be responsible for helping translate relevant developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice.
As a key member of the P&R team, the Senior Director is required to have a variety of skills including the ability to:
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to Alexion’s product portfolio;
- Provide clear and supportive leadership to Direct Report and operate as a Senior member of the Leadership Team for INTERNATIONAL
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information, including coverage and reimbursement policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics;
- Oversee creation and negotiation of robust P&R dossiers for INTERNATIONAL countries;
- Champion the P&R requirements for INTERNATIONAL through development and ensure alignment between all stakeholders internally as to prioritized needs
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national and global perspectives and objectives;
- Contribute to strategy discussions and communication efforts with relevant external stakeholders including key government agencies and organizations;
- Provide clear technical leadership and strong support/partnership to our Country P&R leads
- Communicate and partner directly with internal cross-functional teams;
- Support due diligence efforts by leveraging P&R expertise to inform commercial assessments of potential acquisition targets in the metabolic area
- Coordinate and oversee projects with external consultants as needed or appropriate;
- Take initiative, work within existing management structure, and to consistently deliver high-quality work products;
- Communicate frequently and effectively with stakeholders/team members throughout the organisation; and
- Produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format.
- Lead overall International P&R approach for metabolics
- Lead VAP participation in International Metabolic Franchise Leadership Team
- Participate in Global Metabolic Franchise Leadership Team when required
Qualified candidates should have the following skills:
- At least 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Leadership experience both directly and in the matrix
- P&R work experience in international multi-lingual, and cross-cultural pharmaceutical/biotech industry; health economics consulting firms, or industry trade associations would be ideal.
- Candidates also should have an open mind about new ways to approach P&R issues, particularly for a company like Alexion with a focus on ultra-rare diseases.
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing an international workload;
- Strong team player, sociable, autonomous, dynamic, results focus and responsive;
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience, with ability to handle changing priorities in a timely manner;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to dynamic conditions and various cultures;
- Sense of ethics responsibility and confidentiality;
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Fluency in English both written and oral mandatory – any other language would be an asset;
- Experience and confidence interacting with clients/external consultants and being an external face of the Global P&R team and Alexion; and
- Organized, self-motivated, and energetic.
A BA or BSc is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, MBA, JD) is strongly preferred.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.