Req ID: 16214
Job Category: Manufacturing
Location: Bogart, GA
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion’s internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier’s check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
The Protein Production Unit Technician (PPU Technician) will provide daily care and health monitoring of animals; follow standard operating procedures and good documentation practices; organize, clean, and maintain production rooms, supplies, and equipment for egg layers. The PPU Technician will support the production facility by working shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Sanitize animal rooms, enclosures, equipment, corridors and support areas using appropriate techniques to promote animal health and welfare and to comply with regulations and company policies. Provide nutrition to animals by supplying feed and water.
- Organize and maintain animal enclosures, supplies, and equipment
- Assess animal health status by gathering and documenting data and observing animals. Administer treatments, euthanize animals. Initiate and maintain records as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Maintain records by collecting and recording data to facilitate management of the facility.
- Monitor equipment and environment by obtaining, documenting, and comparing data against established standards. Troubleshoot problems as necessary, referring issues requiring outside service to the Facility Supervisor. Perform non-routine and routine maintenance and ensure proper operation of equipment and machinery.
- Handle and restrain animals by using appropriate techniques to allow for care and research to be performed in a safe and humane manner
- Provide weekend and / or holiday animal care as needed.
- Cross-train in all areas of the facility and provide coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Providing on-going compliance with policy and procedures.
- Oversee packaging of waste materials sent out for incineration to ensure proper procedures are followed. Receive and properly process incoming shipments of supplies and materials.
- Prioritize safety with a proactive mindset.
- Participate in the Integrated Management System.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- One or more years of experience working in a Laboratory Animal Facility or performing work in cGMP environment.
- No unmanaged allergies to animals.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Bogart, GA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts’ Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)